My writing process for longer pieces:
2. Research (depending on topic).
3. More research (depending on topic).
4. A little more research (depending on topic).
5. Attempted outline.
6. Scrap it.
7. Somewhat more permanent outline.
8. Writing…writing, writing…
9. Hey, I’m doing pretty well! I can get this finished no problem!
10. Ishk..herpader…err…how do I words again?
11. Wati, wrsd rat’n usopsped ot omve kiel taht, rghti? (Dyslexia translation: “Wait, words aren’t supposed to move like that, right?”)
12. Insert frustrated screaming, a tear or two and mild head-trauma from head-desking here.
13. Storm away from the computer, huddle in a corner, then distract myself with something unrelated for a while.
14. Sit back down at computer.
15. Write. Write. Write.
16. NO, BRAIN, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO GO DYSLEXIC ON ME AGAIN.
17. Close eyes and touch type.
18. Wonder if I’ll ever freakin’ finish.
19. Push through the wall of self doubt.
20. FINALLY REACH THE LENGTH REQUIREMENT.
25. Edit some more.
26. Submit and hope it’s acceptable.
Currently, I’m between eighteen and twenty for the eBook I’m working on.